About Me

Monday, February 25, 2013

Faith

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” 
 
Mahatma Gandhi



The Brahmin chanted the mantras with intensity
As the multitude of flowers, spread their fragrance
He sprinkled turmeric and rubbed vermilion fiercely
Like those were the defining moments of his existence
In the idol, he could see something more, something more than I could see
For I could just see a sculpture and its creator’s brilliance

But nothing more, that looked like it could answer all my wishes

Then I saw the fakir with his peacock feathers
And many a people in prostration, in utter devotion
With their holy hymns in the mosque,peace flowed in rivers
The believers call it an act of catharsis, a divine Purification,
Their belief was palpable; I stood admiring them and their prayers
I still failed to understand what brought in their gratification

I couldn't find in it,any reply that acknowledges all my wishes

Then I saw the Reverend, a personification of kindness,
Like it was a rare diamond--he held the Bible close to his heart
A smile on his face, he looked like he knew the way to happiness
With a sonorous deep voice, he orchestrated his sermon like Mozart
They were pearls of wisdom, words of simple greatness
Yet, I couldn't find the belief’s source, the core, the start

Nothing that could help me trust that someone will listen to my wishes

What triggers the belief in people? I couldn't help but feel jealous
They've unquestioning trust in an entity, proven only in fables
Just then I saw a young lady offering food to a man, a homeless
His face lit up with an expression of belief! He smiled,like she were a gift of the angels
I realized the faith that stood unwavering inside me, now vociferous
It stood unfailing through genocides, massacres and brutal battles

My every wish can only be granted by the Mankind!
My Belief!! My Faith lies in the mankind!



No comments:

Post a Comment