About Me

Saturday, February 24, 2007

My child

She is 92....but she's still young...her eyes,ears,legs & arms are not giving their best but she always gives her BEST.

Whenever i go to her place i see her sitting before the idiot box which is screaming at top of it's voice with a volume of about 59...i immediately grab the remote and mute it...and shout at my grandma"it's a theatre or a house...what's this volume...it's driving me crazy"
My grandma wears this usual expression of "what-can-i-do-it's-my-old-age"which makes me hit myself for my behaviour...

slowly i get used to the roof-cracking volume
*******
whenever i bring my friend to introduce her...just after the introduction...she starts shooting about a hundred questions at my friend.....before you start answering the first one,you'll find another one making it's way through the traffic(of questions)
*******
The great poet William Shakespeare said that old age is second childhood in his work"the seven ages"
It's so true...my grandma is just like a baby.....curious..needs support...asks many questions...has an answer for anything.
At a certain stage i feel like bursting..in her presence..in the presence of her questions and the in the presence of her TV volume...
But she's my child...my 92 year old child!!!
i love her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment