About Me

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Lost Children.



Where I come from,there's very little hope
I see my mother and sisters in rags
I see my father toiling for our living that's too hard to cope
I see hunger killing my people,while time painfully drags

Shed so many tears for the dead,
That now even my heart is withering in drought
Laid their bodies in the earth's bed
only to wait for another life to fade out

Told so many lies for a piece of bread,
That now I don't know what is truth and what is not
to my father ,made so many promises,having truth-not a shred
He moved on not relying,For I'm just a 12 year old tiny tot

One day came a person,who vowed a perfect life for my family
But said it would come at a price-at a very high price.
As my family will be able to eat a square meal daily
I nodded.Consented without second thought,in a trice.

Left my home,to join their army
Reached a place where men speak of  "war of honor"
And I was not alone,there were many like me
They trained in stealth attacks,taught us lessons of blood shed hour after hour

Now,I sit here with a rifle in my hand
Now,I sit here with hatred in my mind
Now,Its my honor to sacrifice,in the name of my Land
Now I know,lives should be taken to strengthen my kind

Sent on a mission to another place to sacrifice myself in a killing
I was proud to carry out the supposed mission of God,as mine
there i saw,jumping and laughing
a little piece of firework,a boy of nine

The very image of all the Childhood I had lost
I saw in him,everything i craved for-love and laughter,care and consolation
And here I am about to deprive him of it.like a mad ghost?
Killing something so pure,can never beget God's appreciation but an unbridgeable alienation


Now,I sit here unlearning all the lessons of insanity
Now,I sit here with true answers lighting my mind
Now and only now,I feel honored to burn my past,in the wake of Humanity
Now I know,Not war but love and hope are to be injected to strengthen my kind


Up-keeping a child's laughter is the key
Now i know every child is a hope,to mend the broken
A child's laugh is the reflection of God's glee
which nurse the wounds of us,the wounds of The Lost Children.



1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Very fluent thought process and it really picked up from the 4th stanza! Love the way it ended positively! :)

    ReplyDelete