About Me

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Till death do us part.



I never liked the look of the body that housed me
I wished she were prettier,
I kept hoping she might suddenly bloom into a spectacular beauty
I was waiting for that moment,running hither and tither


I painted my lips red,my eyes black,but in vain
I was enraged whenever I looked at my reflection
I was restless, I was frustrated that I was so plain
I cursed God,saying i didn't deserve such an imperfection


I yowled into the pillow like a beast
I yelled at my very own face for a let out,for a release
but alas the pain only increased
sneering at my plainness,cutting me piece by piece


I stopped caring,i was dead
I lied down inside,in a deep sleep of  remorse
My body just walked,keeping me alive,drinking water and eating bread
for survival or mere existence,it dragged me with it  by force


One day,as it walked,it tumbled over a rock and fell
Scabbed it's knee bloody,but I didn't feel a thing
It walked on,plucked a rose and buried itself into it to smell
In me,I could feel the pleasantness of the sweet blossoms circling


I raised myself from sleep to get a better glimpse,but the rose's beauty stifled me
and i drowned back into the deep depths of my sea of melancholy
and my body pricked it's own finger with the thorn of the rose repeatedly
dripping blood,it went on piercing at the same spot unkindly


i couldn't understand what it was trying to prove?what was it's point?
a pool of blood has formed on the ground from it's jabbing.I was tired of it's game,
was it waiting for my sympathy?was it waiting for me to anoint?
since i couldn't feel the pain,the plan seemed just too lame


just then,it hit me,My carrier made me feel only life's mirth
it shielded me from the pain and suffering of wounds,bearing them bravely 
It showed me only the beauty,made me feel only the warming touch of earth
But the gashes and scabs it kept for itself,sustaining patiently.


All that has been eating me alive, had ceased,I felt a sense of tranquility within,
Suddenly all the negativity left me,I felt alive,i felt complete
I was whole,a much awaited sense of relief stepped in 
I had the urge to look at myself after this life rewarding treat


As I slowly peered into the waters of a lake,with anxious silence
--the same eyes,the same face looked back at me,but my reflection made me start
There was light in my eyes,glow on my face and the indescribable beauty of acceptance
I smiled in my celebration as i shall be such a beauty Till death do us part.



3 comments:

  1. "I yelled at my very own face, for a let out, for a release."

    ^ blew me, this. Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My body just walked,keeping me alive,drinking wine and eating bread for survival or mere existence,it dragged me with it by force"

    well quoted !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different and decorative. I like the lengths that you have gone to, to portray the relationship between a person's being and body!

    ReplyDelete